1. It's now been two years since my best friend ended our friendship. It's getting easier, although I still think of things I wish I could tell him every day.
2. I am so proud of all of my kids. Therese (15) was diagnosed with EDS (Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome), she has faced (for lack of a better word) discrimination because of her illness, and she is consistently overlooked (as far as being publicly recognized for her talents). Through it all, she has displayed so much maturity and grace. She talks me off a ledge when I get angry on her behalf. She looks to the long term and realizes that so much of the day-to-day garbage is just that. Nicholas (13) has matured this year and has continued to gain mastery over his OCD. He has found talents he didn't know he had in 4-H fishing and shooting. At least now when he gives us "the business," he's man enough to admit he knew he was doing it later (
3. I have personal goals for the New Year. Like everyone else, I want to work out
4. I am not looking forward to tournament season (which starts in one week). Last year was special because Therese had a really special partnership. I like her partner this year a lot, too, but it's different. I don't do different all that well. I dislike change with everything in me.
5. To end my random thoughts - if you are one of the people with whom I keep in touch solely (or nearly so) through this blog - thank you for keeping up with me like this. I probably owe you an email, and I'm sorry. Know that I do think about you and I am grateful for your friendship. I am grateful for everyone who reads. And if you read the blog for my reviews, rest assured: they will be returning in a couple of months!
Happy New Year! I wish you every blessing and good health in 2017.