Pages

Monday, August 22, 2016

Motivation

I have been having serious motivation issues lately. I can't figure out what my problem is! Well, part of my problem is that I really, really enjoyed having some time off during the summer! We have not taken a summer off since we started homeschooling in 2007, but since Therese had debate nationals at the end of June this year (just a few weeks after having her dance recital for four straight four-hour nights), I needed the break. I haven't knitted so much in years! And I might have been binge watching The Shield. The problem is that getting back to work is so hard. Part of it is that I have an extreme lack of focus, and I'm honestly not sure where that is coming from. I feel so scattered. I also find that things that usually seem very important to me (like extemp and debate) just...don't. I know that part of that has to do with personnel-related things (Andrew graduating and leadership issues among them), but part of it is just this malaise in which I find myself. With the wisdom of my many, many years, though, I know that the solution to this kind of malaise is to just work through it. Put my nose to the grindstone and keep on keeping on. So that's what I'm doing. I have been blessed with so many tremendous review products lately that I have a ton of reviews to do (most of them are directly through TOS and not through the Crew), plus I have my edHelper work and stuff to do for debate. And, hey. Christmas break will be here before I know it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment